Young's Creek Post Office
Copied from the St. James Journal, 5 Oct. 1901
In the family 45 years
The post office at Young's Creek, 12 miles north of Mexico, has been under the charge of the members of one family for 45 years. Miss Mary Vance has been postmaster since 1884, having succeeded her father (John P. Vance), who served since 1856. The office is in the same building used when Mr. Vance first became postmaster, an old log cabin.